Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7 days...

It has been 7 days... I'M SORRY! I know you were all giddy with anticipation for my next post, just refreshing this page every 10 minutes for the past 7 days... Or so I wish.

I didn't really have anything to blog about. Work consumes like 3/4ths of my day, and no one really wants to hear about that. If I don't think it is exciting no one else will either I guarantee it.

I don't know if Internet Explorer (which is garbage) or other browsers do this, but I love how in Firefox it has a spell check built in for everything you type. So if I type in something wrong, a little red dotted line will show up under my feeble attempt, and then I can right click on the word for spelling suggestions. Awesome. Much more effective than having to hit the spell check thing that is built in to blogger.

I came home from work this evening and as I was coming back, I saw that there was about 10 emergency vehicles blocking off the road. I was very curious, as I also noticed 3 news helicopters hovering above the scene as well. After taking a detour that I knew to get home, I learned upon booting up the computer that there was a fie in an apartment building complex that lead to 40 people getting evacuated. This was at 4:15 PM, and as of 6:00 the news said they were still fighting the fire. Crazy stuff, hope all is well and people are safe.

Sometimes disaster and big events like that, you sort of forget about them, or their severity, until you see something like 10 vehicles with lights flashing or look at the TV and you know exactly where it is where they are showing something. I guess what I mean to say, is it doesn't seem so serious until it "hits home" in a way. Makes sense, I guess. You probably wouldn't care as much if a meteor crashed into some village in China. But I'm sure you would be distraught if a meteor had just crashed into your neighborhood, almost demolishing your house... It is only natural I suppose. We tend to consider ourselves first before we consider others.

I'm done posting for today. Thanks for coming back... That means me and the 1 reader I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment