Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Let There Be Music

Today is a significantly rainy day. It is so rainy I will make no attempts to go outside. This means one thing: music. I plan on playing no less then 3 hours of guitar. Either the 3 hours will come or my hand will feel like it's going to fall off at some point and I will stop. Either way it will be nice since I've only played like half an hour of guitar in the past 4 days. Unacceptable.

I went to the range yesterday. After hitting 100 some balls, I realized that I used to be good at golf. But that wasn't until after I got my swing back. Now I just need to go hit a 100 balls before each round and I should be A-OK.

Today is going fast and it is AMAZING. It is already 3 o'clock. and it is a Wednesday! The week is already pretty much over. This is probably one of my happier posts on here in quite awhile.

And now, I present to you... The AG poetry moment:

There is a light
A spectrum of colored contents
gleaming under a recessive darkness
I strum against the constant
the world has weight to bear
feeding into this ancient notion
I take time to listen

there is a wave of tranquility in the ocean
there is wisdom in the brush of pine needles
swiftly painting across one another
in the empowering force of the evening breeze
although they try as they must for you to forget
to join their ranks as devoted ones
you remember what it is like
to walk in the ocean as a sleepy sun
bows down to an uprising of diamonds


Untitled, by me.

See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment