Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Late Shift

Not sure why I am posting this late in the first place... I have to wake up in 6 hours and 45 minutes. That's alright though, after this I'll be sure to hit the hay.

Where did they come up with that expression anyway? Did beds of the olden days have hay somewhere in the mattress or something? I couldn't see hay being all that comfortable just by itself. I would think it would be pretty itchy, actually. But alas, I have never tried sleeping on hay before, so my opinion is uninformed about the subject.

Today was a workout day... This push-up workout is tough. The type I had to do today consisted of doing a sort of shuffle and then pushing up. You would hold yourself like you usually do at the top of a push up, but then you had to slide one of your hands over to the other, and take the outside hand and push it out further, and then proceed to do a push up. Going left and then right was just 1 rep, so it was tough... On top of being tired and still sore from Monday, I didn't do as well as I hoped I would, but i did as many as I could and they said that was alright in the program guidelines.

Speaking of doing what you can do, The Penguins pushed a game seven against Detroit. Friday can't come soon enough, and I am both excited and nervous. I am very optimistic, however. I don't know if I mentioned it in my last post or not, but in my opinion if we could get past game 6, I knew we would have a strong chance at game 7. It has seemed that all year when our team knew it was now or never, they always stepped up and showed their true potential. I believe this will be the case on Friday, and I strongly believe we can win that cup come Friday. It would obviously be very special if they could.

Even if we don't, it has been one heck of a ride, and not only in my opinion but as many fans and sports analysts say, this has been one of the best years of playoffs in a long time. It's done a lot for the sport and the NHL, which is good of course. Always a good thing when you draw people into something they previously didn't know much about, or didn't think they cared for until they experienced it... But then again, I guess thats with a lot of things in life.

I should sleep.

Until next time.

P.S. If you have any interest in technology, and more specifically video game technology, look up "xbox360 natal" on google and learn about this technology that will change video gaming forever. Next post will provide my thoughts on the initiative and what I think it means for video games in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, "hitting the hay" originated due to hay stuffed mattresses. I think they did add bedding to lessen the itch and scratch factor, though.

    Hay, or threshes, were also used as floor coverings, hence the word "threshold," a bar that prevented the hay from slipping out the door.

    Fascinating, I know.

    ReplyDelete