Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Workout Continues, Benjamin Button, Pens

That title is more like a headline in a paper then a title for a blog post. But, same idea since it tells you what this post will contain.

Haven't posted in a few days, sorry to leave everyone hanging on by the edge of their seat there...

Workout

So far so good. The beginning is sore, as I remember it being back when I lifted in school. Sore is a good thing though, it means you are actually doing work and not just pretending to work your muscles. Stretching definitely reduces the soreness, and you should always stretch before and after, but you should still have some indication in your body that you have worked out, at least a few hours after the fact... Just a note for any other skinny guys out there that are doing this with me. Expect the first pictures to come this friday. It will be like the base pictures, I guess, since I didn't take any before I started doing this whole thing. But oh well

Benjamin

So I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. I was so engaged and interested in this movie, that the snack and drink I had next to me at the beginning of the movie remained untouched all the way till the end of the movie, when I remembered it was there in the first place. It definitely had its typical Brad Pitt scenes, where he is on a motorcycle or a sailboat just showing off his dudeliness, but overall it was a very thoughtful and original concept for a movie. I won't really get anymore into that, either you have seen it or you are planning to. Well I'll tell you to stop waiting and do it, you won't regret it.



It is a bit on the longer side, I think like two hours and thirty minutes, but even after all that time I was sad to see it end. Apparently it is based on a short story. Shame on me for not knowing the author, but props to him for coming up with a great story. Not really the hardest concept to come up with, when you think about it, "Ok...so, instead of this guys life regular, lets just reverse it! And throw in the classic love story but just make it applicable to the situation!" but the execution, the acting, and the way the story is told makes it a gem. Loved it. Gets my unprofessional seal of approval. And I don't watch very many movies. Mostly cause most of them are terrible

Pens

This could be their last game tonight. I think the fact that they are at home, paired with the fact that they don't want to see the cup go to another team on their home ice again, will at least give them enough extra push in their already high motivation to get this to game 7. Whether we beat Detroit at that last stand, on that game 7, on their own ice, is really 50/50 at best in my mind, but for now let us not dwell on that. We have to get through tonight first. It is now or never, do or die, and every penguin that will be on that ice knows that. Not sure I have been more nervous and more excited for a hockey game then tonight.

Lots of "professionals" aka journalists on the radio and such are throwing the whole penguins organization under the bus pretty much after Game 5 (which was, as we know, abysmal), but I think they put waaaayy too much emphasis on one game for them to think we are out of it. In my opinion, we are anything but. The only thing more motivating then loss is losing and being angry (in the right way) about something. That gives you a fire. We were angry in the wrong way in game 5, started taking stupid penalties and such. But I believe that if this team has channeled that anger into motivation, into "enough of this" kind of thinking, they can bring that cup back to Pittsburgh.

Do it Pens.

Andrew OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment