Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Long Time

It has been 6 days, I'm sure any reader I have had has probably moved onto other blogs by now. But I must continue. I am like the independent ice cream seller who has his little hut to sell ice cream out of, and down the street there is a big-time ice cream chain company with their 50 foot sign and a billion flavors. But you know what? That ice cream may be really good, but it tastes all the same. This ice cream is lesser known, but who knows? Maybe you think it tastes better then that ice cream. So next time your driving down the street, stop by. The line is a lot shorter here.

That is my beautiful analogy for the day. I love making them, expect it to occur again sometime.

So where were we last time?

I can't even begin to describe the feelings I have/had after the Penguins won the Stanley Cup. Even 5 days later or whatever it has been it still seems unbelievable, although there were certain points in those days that it would really hit me and I would get goosebumps reading an article or seeing a picture of the team. Crosby is on the front of this weeks SI, coming out tomorrow. Might be on news stands today already, I don't know. Mine always gets in on Thursday.

They have great pictures... I guess a magazine that basically calls itself 'Sports Pictures' should... The Leading Off portion of their magazine, which comes in the front (how appropriate) is the best part of the mag. For those not familiar, they fill two entire pages at a time of pictures from the past weeks sporting events. They are awesome, great photography, and wonderful quality. Like mini posters really. I am expecting an awesome one from the Stanley Cup game.

I could go on and on forever about the Pens and their victory, but I think I'll just leave it at the fact that I couldn't have been more happy and proud of the team and city. I'm pretty sure on this blog, a few posts back, I said something along the lines of not counting them out and believing... Well, believing is a big thing and after game 5 a lot of people either doubted or had already said it's over. Well it 'aint over until the clock reaches 0.00 on that clinching game, so maybe a lot of early-bird doubters learned a lesson from this amazing victory. What a win, and what an incredible season. October can not come soon enough.

The working out continues. This is the second week. I got some advice that I should just take a before picture, save it, and then in 8 weeks put it next to a picture of how I will be. Ok. Fine with me, just means I don't have to take pictures of myself every week for 8 weeks. Fair enough.

But the working out does continue. Going pretty well, today is actually another workout day so I'll be sure to muster up some good ol' Rocky courage and energy. Always helps when doing stuff like this to channel Slyvester Stallone. I don't know why.

Alright, enjoy the rainy day (if your in Pittsburgh)

No comments:

Post a Comment