Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Music, Hockey, Random Bits

The Pittsburgh Penguins pulled out a win last night, which many of you may have known. To prove that we have been playing our game and we have more or less gotten unlucky in the beginning of the series, Bruce Orpik, Penguins defenseman, had this to say after the game last night,



" It's funny how it works, [Detroit]definitely played their best game tonight and ended up losing. We didn't play our best game and we got the win "


No, that isn't the direct quote if you were really paying attention to the interview. Yes, that is pretty much exactly what he said, verbatim, because my memory is unbelievable like that.

Anyway, he is right. Hockey is like that. It is a crazy sport and like a lot of other sports sometimes a lot of luck is involved. It is frustrating when you hear things on the radio and blogs on the internet talk about how Fleury is playing like garbage or the Pens just aren't good enough for this Detroit team. Well #1, lucky bounces for Detroit is not a goaltenders fault. #2 If you go back and watch last years final and this years final you will see that the Pens are definitely up to the task, and getting the win last night hopefully shut up some of those that are quick to start throwing people under the bus.


-----

I don't think I mentioned it on this blog yet, but I love music. I have been playing guitar for something like almost 5 years, and I sing as well. I have some music recorded, if you go on YouTube search for "Andrew Graciano" and you should come across some of my stuff. I have a cover from the Dave Matthews Band -- song called The Space Between. I have a Learning to Fly cover, Tom Petty obviously. And I have an America cover, Sister Golden Hair on there. Go listen if you wish.



Anyway, the new Dave Matthews Band album came out, and although I have yet to listen to it I've heard it's pretty decent. Not great, not bad, but good. I can live with that. Especially since the band has been around 18 years. Holy crap. And no wonder, because they are amazing and one of my favorite bands of all time. Apparently lots of people agree with me or they wouldn't still be around.


-------

Random bits:

Notice the pictures? Yea. I know people are more prone to reading stuff with color
("OOOOHHH LOOK, VISUAL STIMULI!"), and I don't like reading blogs without pictures cause it sucks and is boring. Well ok, now we don't have to worry about that now. If they aren't regular pictures like these, they will be altered photos that I change for my amusement, but that will also fit what I'm talking about... sometimes. Don't expect anything amazing in photoshop, I'm talking Microsoft paint here baby. That actually will probably make them funnier anyway...

That is all. Enjoy this rainy day. Or if you aren't from Pittsburgh, whatever weather you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment